Child safety is an increasingly complex space that intersects with several other important areas. Importantly, organisations often neglect to consider the crossover with privacy, leading to risks of breach of privacy, defamation and even further child safety concerns.
Our child safety webinar recording addresses the unique issues that arise at the intersection of these two important considerations and provide organisations with practical lessons on mitigating risks in this space.
The webinar will cover:
- Summary of privacy and child safety obligations that apply to organisations and their intersection
- Protecting the privacy of children (including when organisations can take and use photos of children and releasing information regarding children)
- Privacy issues that arise when there are concerns including:
- Child safety investigations
- Reporting child safety concerns
- Privacy of staff members or potential staff members
- Risk of defamation claims
- Case studies and recent learnings
- Skye Rose, Practice Leader & Child Safety Expert
- Cecelia Irvine-So, Practice Leader & Privacy Expert
- Rena Ou Yang, Lawyer & Founder of Empowered Together