The types of disputes we specialise in are:
- property, development and construction;
- general commercial, including IT and complex contracts; and
- employment relations and discrimination disputes and investigations.
We can help you with
Early and tailored advice
We start by providing clients with early and tailored advice
that considers all commercial options, not just the law, and then work closely
with them to implement an agreed strategy.
Project counsel and training
On complex matters, we can act as project counsel, providing
training and overseeing projects to ensure that disputes are avoided. By being
able to communicate with our clients openly – without adding to the fixed cost
they incur – we can prevent potential disputes and ensure work is carried out efficiently.
A variety of dispute resolution methods
Where disputes do arise, Moores’ disputes team works closely
with our clients to resolve the situation through various methods of dispute
resolution including in:
- ADR such as mediation, conciliation, arbitration, expert
determination and so on.
- Federal Circuit Court;
- Victorian Magistrates’, County and Supreme Courts;
- Fair Work and Human Rights Commissions
- VCAT; and
- security of payment adjudication.
What you can expect
Too often, disputes are costly,
drawn out and conclude without any real winners. Parties can get so caught up
in the emotion and process that they forget what they were fighting about, and
why. We stay focused on your objectives (because sometimes you might lose sight
of them) and finding creative ways to achieve them.
A responsive and commercial team
Clients appreciate our responsiveness
and having access to our team when they need it – from junior lawyers to
practice leaders. We use language you can understand and will feel like part of
We share your risks
Disputes are unpredictable – and that brings risk.
We take time to understand your situation and the objective/s
you are trying to achieve. Then we provide you with a tailored proposal that
gives you the option of how to proceed.
You will know the costs before we start work, and those costs are fixed.
- means we share the risks with you – and will not benefit from drawing disputes out unnecessarily;
- allows you to make an informed decision on how you want to proceed; and
- promotes open communication – because you won’t be charged for every call or question.