NDIS at Moores
Moores is a leading adviser in the disability and aged care sector and the only law firm to have a practice dedicated to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the disability sector. Moores is uniquely placed to guide disability services organisations and individuals through the various challenges imposed by the rollout of the NDIS, including:
- Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) and Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers;
- developers of disability-friendly housing projects;
- disability organisations; and
Specialist Disability Accommodation
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) - Disability, social housing and property development clients are all well placed to capitalise on the SDA opportunity. Moores not only has an understanding of the key commercial and social drivers of those organisations, but is also able to facilitate discussions between like-minded organisations interested in being part of the SDA solution.
- Strategy: We assist developers, financiers, contractors and social and disability providers to piece together their SDA projects at any stage of the picture they intend to be involved in.
- Policies and procedures: We produce policies, rules and guidelines to assist your organisation to comply with NDIS requirements when implementing SDA projects and services (or NDIS support services generally).
- Documentation: We advise on and document ownership arrangements, preparing construction and development documents, and documenting all SDA arrangements (including heads leases, sub-leases and collaboration agreements).
- Consulting: We regularly provide updates and commentary on developments in the SDA space and how they affect your organisation.
Disability Service Providers
Disability Service Providers - Disability services / SIL providers are facing a comprehensive change in the way services are funded and delivered. Moores has an intimate knowledge of the disability sector and the challenges faced by these organisations. No firm is better placed to help your organisation navigate these challenges and take advantage of the opportunities in the NDIS marketplace.
- Strategy and Growth: We assist disability organisations with operating and ownership structures (including partnerships, joint ventures and other forms of collaboration).
- Risk management and Disputes: We advise disability organisations in relation to new legislation specific to the employment of disability workers, complaints (including internal investigations) and engagement with the NDIA and relevant State agencies.
- Regulatory Advice: We advise on key regulatory issues and compliance obligations, including NDIA audit requirements, conflicts of interest, NDIS quality and safeguarding framework.
- General Commercial Matters: We prepare the full range of agreements required to operate a complex disability organisation, including NDIS services agreements, software and IT agreements, employment contracts and funding agreements with the NDIA and State government agencies.
- Preparation of Wills, life interests, protective trusts and special disability trusts, or standard Wills without trusts - Download the Special Disability & Protective Trust flyer
- Powers of attorneys
- NDIS Funding Appeals - Download the NDIS Funding Appeals Process Flyer