Moores securely holds important documents in safe custody on behalf of our clients. This includes original Wills, Powers of Attorney, Certificates of Title and other important legal documents.
Request for Documents Held in Safe Custody
To request release of documents held in safe custody on your behalf, please download and complete our Document Release Form.
Release requirements and identification
In order to ensure the security and confidentiality of safe custody documents, there are certain requirements that must be satisfied before we can release any documents. This includes us being satisfied as to the identity of the person requesting the documents, by the provision of certified copies of identification.
Acceptable identification documents includes:
- Driver’s Licence;
- Birth Certificate & Photo ID;
- Marriage Certificate (if name has changed).
A ‘certified copy’ means a photocopy of your identification certified by a lawyer, medical practitioner, pharmacist, JP, accountant or police officer.
If you are collecting in person, you can bring your original photo identification to Moores and we will certify it for you.
Alternatively, you can email your certified identification to us.
To collect documents on behalf of the owner of the documents
We ask that requests for release of safe custody documents be made by the person whose documents they are. Where this is not possible (for instance, due to incapacity) there are additional requirements, as detailed in the release form.
What happens next?
- Once you download and complete the document release form, please print and sign the form and email executed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will assess your request within 5 business days.
- Once assessed, if we have further requirements, we will contact you.
- Once all requirements are met, we will deliver the documents as per mode of collection.
Any queries, please email our team at Safecustody@moores.com.au