We do things a little differently. Our team starts with you and focuses on your objectives. We commit to helping you achieve your goals and tailor our advice and resolution methods to best serve your needs.
We invest in you and your matter upfront to:
- try to avoid protracted, damaging and costly disputes; and
- where that is not possible, identify what is really driving a dispute and develop creative options to address resolve it in your favour.
We can help you
Whether you are an individual or an organisation, our team can assist on a wide range of disputes relating to:
Property and construction
- construction and commercial developments
- leases, equitable claims, co-owned property disputes
- contamination claims
Contracts and organisational structures
- breach of contracts including misleading or deceptive conduct
- governance and company structures relating to directors and shareholders and incorporated association committee members
- trusts such as unit trusts, discretionary trusts, SMSF etc
- family business
- including claims against architects, quantity surveyors, stockbrokers, accountants and other professionals
We also collaborate with our colleagues on disputes relating to Workplace Relations, Child Safety and discrimination disputes, Elder Financial Abuse, Family and Estate Disputes
What you can expect
Too often, disputes are costly, drawn out and conclude without any real winners. Parties can get so caught up in the emotion and process that they forget what they were fighting about, and why. We stay focused on your objectives (because sometimes you might lose sight of them) and finding creative ways to achieve them.
Early and tailored advice
We start by providing clients with early and tailored advice that considers all options, not just the law, and then work closely with our clients to implement an agreed strategy.
Where disputes can only be resolved via external processes, Moores’ Disputes team have expertise in the following:
- alternative dispute resolution strategies (mediation, conciliation, arbitration, expert determination and so on);
- court proceedings; and
- specific resolution pathways including security of payment adjudication (in building and construction disputes) or family mediation (in family business disputes, elder financial abuse matters or deceased estate disputes).
Simple fixed fee pricing
Because we take time to understand your situation and the objective/s you are trying to achieve up front, we are able to provide you with a tailored proposal that gives you the option of how to proceed. You will know the costs before we start work, and those costs are fixed. This:
- means we share the risks with you – and will not benefit from drawing disputes out unnecessarily;
- allows you to make an informed decision on how you want to proceed; and
- promotes open communication – because you won’t be charged for every call or question.
A personal and responsive approach
Our clients appreciate our responsiveness and having access to our team when they need it – from junior lawyers to practice leaders. We use language you can understand and will feel like part of your team.