Elder Financial Abuse We recover financial losses for our older clients and achieve outcomes that restore dignity and puts them back in control.
Elder Law As you age, it is important you plan ahead to protect your rights. We can help you put in place legally binding documentation to ensure you are able to maintain your quality of life, your financial security and your family relationships.
We can help you
Recover financial losses
- recover money lent out that is not paid back
- overturn the transfer of property for no value or below market value, where the transaction is unconscionable
- prevent the sale of an older person’s home without their authority or consent
- recover losses from banks and financial institutions
- recover funds misappropriated by duly appointed attorneys, administrators or trustees
- pursue lawyers, financial advisors and other professionals who breach obligations owed to their older clients
Plan ahead and protect your rights
- create powers of attorney and advanced care directives
- estate planning including Wills and structuring
- VCAT guardianship and administration matters including contested matters
- contest or defend Wills and Estates read more.
- acquire or dispose of property.
- prepare “granny flat” agreements and other similar intro-family agreements.
- prepare loan agreements or document family arrangements
What you can expect
A dedicated practice to helping our older clients
and their families
We see many older clients in situations that impact negatively on their
quality of life, financial security, family relationships and dignity. To be able to more comprehensively meet the
needs of these clients we formed a
dedicated practice to address and resolve elder financial abuse and provide
elder law expertise.
A personal, sensitive approach
Our clients appreciate our
personal service and sensitive approach to what can often be distressing
circumstances. We get to know you and
gain an understanding of the challenges you face, including your family and
other relationships that are important to you.
No surprises pricing
We take our time to understand your situation and the help you need. We provide you with a personalised proposal and a fixed fee cost. You will know the costs before we start work. It is important to us that you feel free to provide information and ask questions without worrying about being charged for every phone call or meeting.
Awards and Accreditation