We recover financial losses for our older clients and achieve outcomes that restore dignity and puts them back in control. We also help our elderly clients avoid situations of elder abuse through careful planning, and putting in place safeguards.
We can help you
Recover financial losses
- seek the removal of an attorney or administrator that is not acting in accordance with their legal duties
- obtain information and financial accounts about how an older person’s money and assets are being managed
- recover funds misappropriated by attorneys, administrators or trustees
- recover money lent out that is not paid back
- overturn improper transfer of property
- prevent the sale of an older person’s home without their authority or consent
- recover losses from banks and financial institutions
- pursue lawyers, financial advisors and other professionals who breach obligations owed to their older clients
Plan ahead and protect your rights
- create powers of attorney and advanced care directives including personalised documents that records any wishes, instructions and limitations you wish to place on these powers
- estate planning including Wills, structuring and succession of family business entities including companies and trusts
- VCAT guardianship and administration matters including contested matters
- contest or defend claims in relation to Wills and Estates read more.
- acquire or dispose of property
- prepare loan agreements or document family arrangements
- instruct appropriate medical specialists to confirm your capacity to manage your own affairs
- document relevant personal and family history and the reasons for decisions you have made about your arrangements that you would want to be known and made available in the event of a dispute if you lost decision making capacity or died
What you can expect
A dedicated practice to helping our older clients
and their families
We see many older clients in situations that impact negatively on their quality of life, financial security, family relationships and dignity. Other times it is their family members who have legitimate concerns about whether a parent is subject to elder financial abuse. To be able to more comprehensively meet the needs of these clients we formed a dedicated practice to address and resolve elder financial abuse and provide elder law expertise.
A personal, sensitive approach
Our clients appreciate our personal service and sensitive approach to what can often be distressing circumstances. We get to know you and gain an understanding of the challenges you face, including your family and other relationships that are important to you. However, where circumstances require it, we will advocate forcefully for our clients and take a robust approach to litigation to seek to stamp out elder financial abuse and stop money or assets being misappropriated, or to recover misappropriated assets.
No surprises pricing
We take our time to understand your situation and the help you need. We provide you with a personalised proposal and a fixed fee cost. You will know the costs before we start work. It is important to us that you feel free to provide information and ask questions without worrying about being charged for every phone call or meeting.
Awards and Accreditation