Andrew Boer is a Practice Leader in the Property & Construction Team and heads the Organisational Client Team at Moores
Andrew has close to 20 years’ experience with a focus on the sale and purchase of real estate, commercial leasing, property development ventures and government-funded projects.
Andrew advises registered housing agencies, church property trusts, municipal and water authorities and other not-for-profit organisations in property-related matters such as:
- purchase of land and development of new school campus locations;
- project proposals and funding agreements with the Social Housing Growth Fund;
- refinancing social housing entities through the National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation (NHFIC);
- the redevelopment of church land; and
- preparing and negotiating development agreements for aged care providers, churches and social housing providers.
Andrew is valued by his clients as their trusted advisor. He is known and appreciated for his responsiveness, his interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills particularly when negotiating with the likes of government, councils and other lawyers. His clients love his hands on approach and his readiness to go into the trenches with them.
"I love problem-solving, so my ears always prick up when someone says “it can’t be done” or “we’re not sure how to achieve this”. My clients give me the pleasure of solving problems and Moores gives me the opportunity to apply the law for good purposes. You can’t beat that."
Although happy to be a lawyer, Andrew is even happier when he gets to ditch the suit, pack the caravan or the camping gear and head for the bush. Must be because he grew up in the country.