Erika Reese is a Senior Lawyer in the Private Clients Team at Moores
Whether it’s dealing with the loss of a loved one or planning for future death or incapacity, Erika breaks down complexity and provides her clients with clear and practical guidance, support and understanding.
She assists her clients with:
- Grants of probate and representation;
- Estate administration and taxation of deceased estates;
- Estate litigation and dispute resolution, including estate challenges (family provision claims) and contested probate proceedings;
- Validity and construction of wills;
- Estate planning strategies and issues, including asset protection, testamentary trusts, protective trusts and self-managed superannuation funds;
- Powers of attorney; and
- Superannuation death benefit claims (externally managed funds).
Erika guides her clients with a calm hand through what is often a challenging, unfamiliar and emotional process. She brings a warm and empathetic approach to her clients’ legal issues, and enjoys the opportunity to make a difficult situation just that little bit easier.
"Working at Moores allows me to solve puzzles on a daily basis, while making a positive difference for my clients along the way. A lawyer is a bit like an anaesthetist – they can take the sting out of an otherwise painful process."
Away from the office, Erika is a keen cook and can often be found experimenting with new recipes!