Krista Fitzgerald is a Practice Leader in the Private Clients Team at Moores and heads up the Estate Planning Team
Krista’s practice focusses on providing estate planning and structuring solutions for clients with complex asset structures and/or family situations, regularly involving:
- international estate planning considerations;
- preparation of strategic advice regarding potential challenges to an estate and the ways to minimise the pool of available assets;
- the use and operation of trusts and other investment and business structures;
- self-managed superannuation funds and superannuation death benefits;
- asset protection; and
- taxation and duty issues related to the areas listed above.
She works closely with each client’s accountants and financial advisors to ensure that the plan she devises will not only meet the client’s estate planning objectives but their ongoing taxation and asset protection needs.
Krista has the ability to put us at ease. This results from a combination of her legal and drafting skill together with her calm, measured approach in ascertaining what the client wants to achieve; and the constructive way she helps clients to discover solutions.
Krista deftly combines two sought after qualities: “expert lawyer” and “non-anxious presence”
"Moores prides itself on being “here for good”, and I love that this is reflected in the exceptional clients we choose to work with and the high standards we hold ourselves to in delivering our services."
When Krista is not focusing on her clients, her two young sons keep her well entertained. She also tries to find time to get to pilates and see plenty of live music.