Michael Labiris is a Senior Lawyer in the Private Clients Team at Moores
As a Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates, Michael advises executors and beneficiaries in the areas of:
- Family provision claims (estate challenges)
- Contested probate proceedings (including caveats, will validity, executor removal, will construction & informal wills)
- A variety of other estate and trust disputes
- Grants of probate and representation, including informal wills and special/limited grants
- Deceased estate administration
- Superannuation benefit claims
Michael also regularly assists clients to implement tax-effective estate planning strategies, including:
- Testamentary trusts
- Family trusts
- Business succession arrangements
- Powers of attorney
Michael works with a range of clients including individuals and charities. He regularly presents to both professional and community groups on topics relating to his area of practice.
Michael is also an active member of the LIV and contributes to mentoring younger lawyers through the LIV Mentoring Program.
"It’s great to work and collaborate with a large team of leading experts and specialists in wills & estate. Sharing ideas and knowledge helps us to deliver the best advice and outcomes that meet our clients’ needs."
I am also proud to practice value pricing, a business model which promotes true alignment between the interests of lawyers and their clients.