Estate Planning and Structuring
Helping you build, retain and pass on your wealth
Estate planning must be properly addressed and regularly reviewed to preserve and enhance your wealth and to avoid undesirable consequences befalling your beneficiaries.
The way your personal, investment and business wealth is owned and taxed is constantly changing. In this increasingly complex environment, a will is only one part of implementing and achieving your wealth management objectives. We can help you prepare other documents, administer estates and even conduct litigation if you need it. We work closely with accountants and financial advisors to ensure that our clients have access to advice that takes into account tax and asset protection aspects of these areas.
Because we have Victoria’s most extensive estate planning services and most respected estate planning and structuring teams, you can be confident that our advice is current, reliable and comprehensive.
We are able to assist with:
- Testamentary Trusts
- Strategic Advice on use and operation of trusts, including tax and duty concessions
- Wills with life interests, protective trusts and special disability trusts, or flexible testamentary trusts
- Advice regarding the establishment and use of testamentary trusts post death
- Self-managed superannuation funds, including:
- Establishment of funds, or variations to existing funds;
- Succession of control of existing trusts;
- Advice in relation to superannuation binding nominations, pension documents and ownership of life insurance;
- Compliance advice
- Structuring advice, including:
- Asset protection advice relating to a relationship breakdown or potential bankruptcy;
- Tax and stamp duty advice ;
- Special purpose trusts;
- Restructuring or establishing business and investment entities; and
- Business Succession and Shareholder Agreements.
DOYLES RANKINGS - The most comprehensive guide to Australia’s best lawyers, law firms and barristers. Moores has ranked as a First Tier Law Firm in both of the Wills & Estates categories in the 2019 Doyles Guide, for the third straight year. Our lawyers also ranked as leading lawyers in the following categories:
- Testamentary Trusts
- Self-managed superannuation funds
- Structuring advice
- Financial Advisors
- Private Clients
- Trustee Companies